Inspire and motivate learners to explore the role of music in social change. Focusing on issues of inequality, this resource will enable learners to consider aspects of human rights and equality issues and discover how music has been used to express people’s voices.
- Think critically about rights
- Consider the role of Freedom Songs in the Civil Rights Movement
- Investigate how different musicians have used their songs to fight for a fairer and more equal society
- Explore how music has been used to demand land rights for indigenous people in Bolivia and Chile
- Write a protest song about inequality and perform the song as a class
This resource can be used alongside Raising Her Voice.
How to cite this resource
Citation styles vary so we recommend you check what is appropriate for your context. You may choose to cite Oxfam resources as follows:
Author(s)/Editor(s). (Year of publication). Title and sub-title. Place of publication: name of publisher. DOI (where available). URL
Our FAQs page has some examples of this approach.