Inspire and develop your learners’ literacy skills using photographs and stories created by children in Vietnam.
As part of an innovative project, children from ethnic minority groups in Vietnam were taught to use cameras and asked to capture events from their daily lives. The result is a fascinating collection of photographs and stories which can be used as a starting point for developing learners’ spoken language, reading and writing skills, and visual literacy.
- Discuss, explore and categorise photographs
- Create a text map
- Retell the key elements of a text
- Plan and create photostories about your school and family
- Explore similarities and differences between your photostories and those of children in Vietnam
- Communicate your learning to a wider audience
How to cite this resource
Citation styles vary so we recommend you check what is appropriate for your context. You may choose to cite Oxfam resources as follows:
Author(s)/Editor(s). (Year of publication). Title and sub-title. Place of publication: name of publisher. DOI (where available). URL
Our FAQs page has some examples of this approach.