Updated with new facts, photographs and stories, this cross-curricular resource will help learners aged 7-11 to discover where their food comes from.
Learners can gain a vivid insight into the banana supply chain and research the countries where bananas are grown. They will get to grips with Fairtrade and think critically about the enormous impact it can have on the lives of smallholder farmers.
- Use photographs to track the story of a banana
- Investigate the countries where bananas are grown
- Play a simulation game to take on the role of a banana farmer
- Consider the life-changing impact that Fairtrade can have
- Write fruit-themed poetry
- Learn about the life-cycles of plants
- Make a delicious banana cake
Could your learners make it as a banana farmer?
How to cite this resource
Citation styles vary so we recommend you check what is appropriate for your context. You may choose to cite Oxfam resources as follows:
Author(s)/Editor(s). (Year of publication). Title and sub-title. Place of publication: name of publisher. DOI (where available). URL
Our FAQs page has some examples of this approach.